What are Care Candles made of ?
Soy Wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans.
After harvesting, the beans are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes.
The oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated.
The hydrogenation process converts some of the fatty acids in the oil from unsaturated to saturated.
This process dramatically alters the melting point of the oil, making it a solid at room temperature.
The fragrance oils used in the making of these candles consist of essential oils or in some cases aroma chemicals.
Essential oils are defined as pure liquids containing aroma compounds that a removed from seeds, flowers, leaves, roots and stems or barks of plants through methods such as distillation, expression or extraction.
Since essential oils are not available for every scent, thats when aroma chemicals are used.
"The gift that makes Scents!"
Care Candles are made from natural soy wax with eco friendly wicks.
They are a more natural and healthier candle for you and the environment.
These candles are great for gifts or for your personal use.
Each candle is hand poured and uniquely colored.
With the purchase of a Care Candle, a % of the money made will benefit a worthy cause. Along with giving a wonderful scented candle to someone you know, you are also helping someone in need.
Helping others is the inspiration behind the name "Care Candles".
Every little bit helps and if selling candles can help out-
that's what we plan to do-- make and sell candles to help others!
CARE CANDLES- "Candles for a CAUSE"
Silver Tin Container (variety of sizes)
Colored Wax Chips
(Color and Scent combinations vary)
Care Candles are hand poured and each is unique in color and scent.
Why burn Soy Wax Candles?
Soy Wax Candles are CLEAN burning:
Becaue soy wax is just hydrogenated soybean oil,
it is, naturally, biodegradable, non-toxic, and perfectly harmless to the environment, not to mention children and pets. Also,because it is water soluble, spills and stains can be cleaned up easily with soap and water.
Help support American Farmers:
Soy is a highly renewable resource, unlike petroleum, and helps support agricultural growth.
Within the United States, most soy wax is made from soybeans grown in the U.S.,
helping to support American Farmers.
* Soy Candles should be allowed to melt, filling the entire center with liquid.
* As the liquid around the wick melts, the candle pool should expand to the outside rim of the candle or the sides of the candle container.
This minimizes tunneling.
* A flickering candle is a sign that it is not burning properly.
* The candle should be completely cooled between uses and the candle wick should always be trimed to 1/4 inch before each use.
* Soy candles burn up to 50 percent longer and do not increase CO2 levels.
* Candles must never be left unattended or when going to sleep.
* Children and animals must stay away from burning candles and hot candle wax. They may burn themselves or start a fire.
* The candle's liquid pool should always be free of wick debris and candles should be put out with a candle snuffer.
* Candles should always be burned in a temperture-safe container and kept away from vents and drafts, including ceiling fans.
Make sure the area where candles are used is free of clutter and has heat-resistant surface.
* Do not burn candles longer than the manufacture's suggestion and only burn candles down to 1/2 inch from the container bottom.